September 11, 2012

Polaris Music Prize Poster 2012: Kathleen Edwards | Voyageur

It's up on their website so I guess I can officially announce it: I made the poster for Kathleen Edwards' nomination for the 2012 Polaris Music Prize. The PP celebrates the best in independent music in Canada with a sweet reward of $25,000 for the winning artist. They further add to the awesome by getting 10 artists to make a custom screen printed poster in celebration of each nominee on the short list. The prize is awarded September 24 in Toronto.

I am thrilled to be back at the drawing board after creating a poster for Patrick Watson in 2009. Below is this years version, this time for Kathleen Edward's album 'Voyageur'. The screen printed poster will be available in limited number at my Etsy shop soon (my shop is currently on hiatus but will come back once the posters are in). I only have ten, so don't delay: reserve your copy by e-mailing me at kirstenmccrea@gmail.com

Special thanks to Bianca and Mike at Kid Icarus for screen printing it!



See all the posters here: http://www.polarismusicprize.ca/2012/#43

No comments: